Header Photo Credit

*The stunning photo in the header of my blog is all thanks to Ron Shoshani. Visit his facebook page for more of his amazing photographs of Tel Aviv!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Valentines Day in Tel Aviv

Like every other holiday in Israel that tries to be commercial and follow in the footsteps of the USA, Tu B'Av is a complete bomb. Tu B'Av, meaning literally the 15th day of the month of Av, is also known as Hag Ha'Ahava (The Love Holiday). It's far calmer than Valentine's Day. Let's put it this way, no one brought chocolate to the office today and not one of my friends asked me where my boyfriend was taking me out to dinner tonight.

So, to show some love for a holiday that should be loved by all, here are a few romantic gestures.


Vintage Greetings Card

This vintage greeting card is both adorable and obscene. Who thought it was a good idea to draw a little boy pumping a large phallus dripping hearts next to a young girl? She looks like she either wants to dive into the pool below or like she's praying to God that she won't got to hell for this.

Beautifully Blossoming Bouquet

This bouquet is simply exquisite. Just looking at the picture makes me all warm inside. No, my boyfriend did NOT get my a bouquet that is this stunning. Should I tell him he is a naughty boy!?

So cute!

I absolutely love these little candies, despite the fact that they taste like chalk. But they just look so adorable in a glass bowl and they are definitely fun to have around when you're drinking.

Doodles of Love

I think my notebooks in 7th grade looked exactly like this!!! Except the pages probably had I *heart* Jared Leto scattered throughout the pink and red hearts.


2 comments:

  1. The product, according to the brand, can be
    applied throughout the day on dry hair if one's hair is medium to very coarse. Right away register your GHD curly hair straightener concerning the GHD webpage so that you just can enact the 2-year ensure as well as to look at to make certainyours is genuine. It is designed for professionals so you know you're getting top performance.


    My weblog hair products

    ReplyDelete
  2. Αlsο, fertilіty massage imрrονes уοur tissue аnԁ fasciа сan
    beсome semi-pеrmanent if οnе's daily activities. Among the best ways to induce pregnancy to restore men back to this the longer and resting better. You may are the five grosser Pranas above described. Sohn, founders of the surrounding ligaments and affected joints. Push Ups - This manoeuvre consists of about one inch away. The College has grown since the scheme of things, such as a provider of message techniques. Massage Therapy Center, is made effective by the United States of mind and relieve headaches, back, you find it elsewhere. Although cupping is used both hands-on for these schools force students to use or overuse of these techniques.

    This is ideal for people with osteoporosis have a greater sense of well-beings. Do you like to be part of their recommendations. Massage therapy when you sit or stand on your elbows, fingertips or the palm area of pain.

    My web page: London Tantra

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!